Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Busy Week at the Hospital

Tomorrow I'm taking Elijah to Texas Children's Hospital to have ear tubes inserted. This is really not a big thing -- very quick -- and hopefully will help to prevent another winter full of ear infections. I'll be up there by 6:30 a.m., so you early birds can keep me in your prayers. :-) We should be home after just a few hours.

I think that Elijah having minor surgery wouldn't be bothering me at all except for the unfortunate timing with two trips to the hospital in the same week. Jack's heart catheterization has finally been rescheduled for next Wednesday, so now going up there with Elijah just keeps making me think about Jack's more serious procedure looming ahead. I'm trying to focus on the positive things and set any apprehension aside. But I definitely covet your prayers, especially for the doctors that will be making decisions about Jack during and following his catheterization. We're really hoping that we'll be able to have a scheduled date for Jack's surgery as a result of his cath, sooner rather than later. He seems to be having more difficulties with his oxygen levels, which should be resolved following his third surgery. So whereas we aren't looking forward to him having to experience open heart surgery (again), we know that long-term he will feel much better.

So keep Texas Children's in your prayers -- the Turner Boys are coming!

1 comment:

Crystal said...

Definitely keeping your boys and your family in my prayers. Hopefully they can get Jack's big surgery scheduled really soon and he can enjoy a care-free summer!

Covering you all in prayers,
Crystal