Wednesday, April 29, 2009

No excuses.

So it's been awhile since I posted on here. And I feel a little bad that my last post was for Jack's birthday, and that I had nothing to say about Elijah's big first. Oh well, moving on.

This is going to be a busy month for us. Both boys are having outpatient surgical procedures. Neither of these are a big deal, but both involve general anesthesia and spending a day at Texas Children's. Elijah is having tubes put in his ears on May 7, and Jack is having a heart catheterization on May 13. Please be praying that we can avoid illness leading up to this -- Jack's first scheduled cath had to be postponed due to a virus.

We
will also be finding out in just a couple of weeks whether we're going to be the proud parents of another boy or our first daughter. I'd be flat-out lying if I didn't admit that I'm hoping for a girl, but our boys are wonderful and we definitely wouldn't mind another one. So I'm praying for contentment either way. Jack goes back and forth about wanting a brother vs. a sister. And he's convinced that we're going to name the baby Bertie, after the bus on the Thomas the Train movies. He's also a fan of the name Lightning McQueen. He really likes hugging and kissing the baby and singing songs to him/her. Elijah, of course, is happily oblivious. It may be a slightly rude awakening when the new one comes along.

The boys and I visited my parents over Easter and found a fabulous field of bluebonnets. They aren't much for posing, and Elijah was ready for a nap -- but it was so pretty out there!


1 comment:

Kelly said...

Wow, that is a beautiful field of bluebonnets!