Monday, January 26, 2009

I am the Mother of a Three-Year-Old.


I really can still hardly believe that. It's so crazy that I've been a mom for three years. He can't really be that big. I've had the chance to hold a little bitty newborn baby twice in the last week -- and that seems like it was forever ago. But at the same time, it seems like he's gotten so big, so fast.

Today at the park he went down a slide so tall that it made me nervous. He was totally unafraid -- didn't even hesitate. He wants so badly to do everything himself and absolutely hates asking Mommy for help. The potty training is going great. He can almost totally get himself dressed. He can turn on the TV, the PlayStation, the CD player, Mommy's camera... He even takes his medicine by himself every night.

But I'm glad that he's not totally independent yet. He still wants Mommy to read stories and sing songs at bedtime. I'm definitely his favorite playtime buddy with trains and Legos and games. I love how he imitates me and still wants to grow up to be a "mommy", no matter how many times I tell him that won't quite work. I'm definitely lucky to have a sweet boy. Jack, don't grow up too fast!

4 comments:

Mandy said...

btw, in this picture, we're at HEB buying food for the "people who don't have food"... and now he wants to do it EVERY TIME WE'RE THERE. maybe a little convicting for mommy?

Kelly said...

Yay, happy birthday Jack! What a handsome, sweet little boy you have :). And where's the really tall slide? If it makes you nervous, it would probably really make me nervous!

beccaellis said...

Mandy,

I didn't know you had a blog... I'll enjoy keeping up with your family on here. It's so interesting to see life and get to become familiar with friends again through reading blogs. I'm writing on mine pretty regularly. Especially now because Mike is deployed and I want him to be able to keep up with us.

How are the boys? Are they playing together yet? Aren't Ty and Elijah close in age? Ty is Jan. 08.

Take care.
Becca

kimmie said...

For some reason I'm just now finding your blog. I have no excuse. You are now on my Google Reader :)