Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The New Year is upon us.

So with all the craziness of getting back home after Christmas break, I haven't really been able to sit down and go over my goals/resolutions for this upcoming year. And after lecturing Josh on how goals are only effective when we make them specific and measureable, I'll probably have to spend some serious planning just to make that clear. I guess that I have some ideas on ways that I would like to be different, but I'm still working on the means necessary. And then of course, I have to actually put in the effort to implement the plans. Maybe I'll just post as I come up with ideas... the goals themselves will have to be a work in progress.

1. Read through the Bible with CCCC. I'm already six days behind, but I think that I can catch up. My tentative plan is to read the Old Testament from The Message and the New Testament from my new ESV Study Bible. But, in the words of Greg Poore, I reserve the right to get smarter... we'll see how it goes.

2. Write/post something on here everyday before I read everyone else's blogs. It's too easy to be the lazy, invisible blog reader. I need to be as quick to share as I am to read.

3. Get more sleep. Be more pleasant. Yell less. Smile more. Be more fit. Be less anxious.

Okay, those last ones may need a little more thought and clarity. Maybe I can work on making it a little more measureable when my house is back to normal and Elijah starts napping again.

No comments: